The Environmental Impact Assessment for the site and the associated planning application can be found here.
Within the scope of the planning application Polquhairn Wind Farm will comprise:
- 9 turbines with tip heights up to a maximum of 145m. This involves:
- 1 turbine at 145m
- 5 turbines at 125m
- 3 turbines at less than 120m
Based on the specifications of the candidate turbines, the total installed capacity would be a maximum of 34.2 MW
- Associated foundations, blade laydown areas, external transformers and crane hard-standings at each wind turbine location
- Access tracks linking the turbine locations
- Substation compound incorporating electrical switchgear, wind farm control elements
- Temporary construction compound
- Network of underground cabling running adjacent to the access tracks where possible
- A permanent anemometry mast (up to 60 m)
- Upgraded site access from existing junction off the B7046 public road
We are glad that people participated in the process and will continue to work closely with the local community as matters progress. We anticipate that we will receive a decision from East Ayrshire Council by June/July 2021 and we hope to start construction in 2024 with a view to being operational by 2025. The display materials are available to download in the resource section.